Primary Goals of the Entering Research Course :-
- To create a supportive learning environment to introduce students to the culture of research
- To teach students valuable skills needed to become effective researchers
- To alleviate some of the work of faculty with the help of students
The course aims to introduce the students to fundamental concepts in Computer Networking and Applications, building to an understanding of the structure and function of the Internet, and the construction of networks in general.Lectures will focus on theory and problem solving. Tutorials will extend lectures and provide an opportunity for discussion and feedback. Practical and lab work will reinforce theoretical concepts through their application.
The objectives of the course are
1. To develop understanding of basic concepts and algorithms used for image processing
2. To make students aware of recent trends in the field of machine vision and generate project ideas.
3. To provide hands-on experience of implementing algorithms using various tools like C/C++, SciLab, MATLAB etc.